- Administrative Practice and Governmental Affairs
- Appellate Practice
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights
- Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial, Complex, and Class Action Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate and Business Practice
- Corporate/Public Finance and Securities Law
- Economic Development
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Federal, State and Local Taxation
- Financial Services
- Foreclosure, Real Estate and Commercial Loan Workouts
- Healthcare (Business and Regulatory)
- Healthcare and Medical Liability
- Insurance Defense and Coverage Law
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment Law
- Media Law
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Dispositions of Businesses
- Nonprofit and Tax Exempt Organizations
- Pharmaceutical, Biologic, and Medical Device Litigation
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability and Licensure Matters
- Tax Credits
- Utility and Energy Law
Rushton, Stakely, Johnston & Garrett, P.A. is pleased to announce that T. Grant Sexton, Jr. has been made a shareholder in the firm.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Sexton practiced with law firms in Oklahoma City and Washington, DC. He joined Rushton Stakely as an associate in 2006.
Mr. Sexton has tried cases to a jury in both state and federal courts and handled matters before the Alabama Supreme Court and the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals. A significant portion of Mr. Sexton’s practice involves defending hospitals and physicians in medical malpractice lawsuits statewide. He has also represented individuals and corporations in the areas of commercial litigation, products liability, premises liability, personal injury, civil rights, employment and construction law.
Mr. Sexton has been selected for inclusion in Alabama Super Lawyers 2012 as a Rising Star – Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice, General Litigation and in the 2013 edition as a Rising Star – Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice.